Sunday, August 1, 2010

Home is where the Heart is and where the Harp is!

It is so nice to be in our own home.After we outgrew out starter home- We spent a year saving and living with my grandpa-we love him so much and are grateful for the opportunity that he gave us. But its so nice to have our own place.
Its a great market to buy right now but most homes we saw were short sales and all the others were already bank repo's. We wanted a turn key home-with the kids we didn't want a place that we would need to fix up. Most places were completely trashed, holes in walls, appliances missing, and we got pretty discouraged.But,
we ended up finding an amazing place. It had been repo'd and then flipped by investors-and they had added nice little upgrades that made a huge difference. and Its things we never would have done on our own. The whole house has crown molding,beautiful custom paint,a floor to ceiling entertainment wall,wood and tile flooring,and room for us all to spread out.
I even have my harps...at my own house.(there was just no room for them in the little 1000 ft house) And I am thrilled to say that I have callouses that I don't think I've had since Autumn was born. Its great to be playing again.
I can wake up and practice and play the kids off into dreamland at night.I love it!








We had so much fun decorating the kids rooms. Andy of course got 49ers and football. Autumn had to have a "fancy"room, with pink and white stripes and Black accents.











We are so blessed and so thankful to be making this house our home.

1 comment:

  1. amber i am in love with your house!!! how stinkin beautiful!!! congrats to you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Kissed by the McKissick's

Followers